Since the 1990s the federal government has managed fish and game on more than half of Alaska’s lands. How can the impasse over subsistence management be resolved? Should the state regain that management or is it better left in the hands of federal supervisors? The Federal Subsistence Management Board is our topic.
HOST: Lori Townsend, APRN News
- Pete Probasco, Assistant Regional Director for Subsistence Management, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- Mike Fleagle, Chairman, Federal Subsistence Management Board
- Jack Reakoff, Chairman, Western Interior Subsistence Regional Advisory Council
- Federal Subsistence Management in Alaska (U.S. Fish & Wildlife)
- Subsistence Management Information (United Fishermen of Alaska)
- Subsistence Info (Alaska Department of Fish & Game)
LIVE BROADCAST: Tue, Aug 7 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations across Alaska
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
SUBSCRIBE: Get Talk of Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.