Coming up Tuesday, August 14 at 10:00 a.m. on Talk of Alaska…
Govern Palin has called a special session of the legislature this fall to reevaluate the Petroleum Profits Tax (PPT). What’s the best and fairest way to tax the oil companies? And what are the political and economic implications for the state? Join a discussion of these issues and what to expect next in the PPT debate.
Talk of Alaska is broadcast live statewide on the stations of the Alaska Public Radio Network. Audio from the program is posted online following the live broadcast.
HOST: Steve Heimel
- Senator Hollis French (D), Senate District M — Anchorage
- Representative Ralph Samuels (R), House District 29 — Anchorage
- You! (callers statewide)
- Governor Palin to call for special session on oil profits tax — APRN: August 2, 2007
- Petroleum Profits Tax (PPT) Implementation Status Report (PDF) — Alaska Department of Revenue: August 3, 2007
- Petroleum Profits Tax — Alaska Tax Division
- Google News
SUBSCRIBE: Get Talk of Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.