Toshiba is ready to move forward with seeking a license for the nuclear reactor proposed for Galena. The Japanese corporation announced its intentions in a letter to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission last week.
- Toshiba 4S reaction description at Wikipedia
- NRC’s review of various new nuclear plant designs
- No Nukes North — group opposed to the Galena nuclear concept as well as the Alaska-based missile defense project
- Atomic Insights — detailed description of the Toshiba 4S design concept
- New Reactor Designs — report at the Energy Information Administration
- Galena Electric Power – a Situational Analysis (PDF) — a preliminary report prepared by SAIC, UAA, UAF and others for the Department of Energy
Tom Bodony, KIYU – Galena