This week on Line One: Your Health Connection, guests and callers will discuss breast cancer and The Quiet War, a film produced by the Anchorage non-profit media company, Affinityfilms, Inc. Host, Dr. Woodward will be joined by Dr. Scot Sedlacek of the Rose Cancer Center of Colorado on the telephone as well as Lynn, a breast cancer patient who lives in Anchorage.
The Quiet War: Profiles of Women Facing Advanced Breast Cancer is a film produced by the Anchorage non-profit media company Affinityfilms, Inc. It acknowledges the battle women wage against metastatic breast cancer, provides comfort in seeing strong women face their disease, and empowers with current information.
Dr. Scot Sedlacek has been practicing medicine since 1979 after receiving his medical degree at the University of Iowa. He completed his residency in internal medicine at the University of California in San Francisco and a fellowship in hematology/oncology at the University of Colorado Health Science Center. He has won many awards for his breast cancer research, including recognition by the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. His practice at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center in Denver is devoted to treating women with breast cancer.
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
- Dr. Scot Sedlacek, Rose Cancer Center of Colorado
- Lynn, advanced breast cancer patient & Anchorage resident
- Advanced Breast Cancer: Musa Mayer, author of “Advanced Breast Cancer: A Guide to Living with Metastatic Disease” – http://www.advancedbc.org/
- Affinityfilms – http://affinityfilms.org/
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation: Message Board – http://apps.komen.org/forums/
- For information on The American Association of Birth Centers, the play Birth, and the film The Business of Being Born, go to http://www.birthcenters.org/
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, Oct 1, 2007 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, Oct 1, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.