Education is not just for the young. One-third of the students at the University of Alaska are over 40. Outside Anchorage, the average age of University students is even higher. On the next Talk of Alaska we take a look at the benefits of adult education — professional benefits, but also societal ones. With the great divisions in our society now, is it possible we can learn our way to a greater understanding of one another?
The University of Alaska’s “OLE” program and adult education are our topics on the next Talk of Alaska.
HOST: Steve Heimel
- Charles D. Hayes, author of The Rapture of Maturity, and proprietor of Autodidactic Press and September University
- Heather Flynn, OLE spokesperson, University of Alaska
- Live callers statewide
LIVE BROADCAST: Tue, Oct 9 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)