A modern playwright has an ancient way to get politicians to focus on climate warming — at least male politicians, that is. Playwright and performer Kathryn Blume joins us to talk about her one-woman play — The Boycott. (Does the name Lysistrata mean anything to you?)
Plus, we’re joined by scientist and researcher Dr. Matthew Sturm, leader of a 5,000-kilometer scientific expedition across the Alaskan and Canadian Arctic. He’s a snow science expert at the Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
We’re tracking climate changes and taking action this week on Talk of Alaska.
- Dr. Matthew Sturm, snow scientist at the USACE’s Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory
- Kathryn Blume, playwright, actor, and author of The Boycott
- Live callers statewide
HOST: Steve Heimel
LIVE BROADCAST: Tue, Jan 8 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)