Line One: Colorectal cancer
In honor of National Minority Cancer Awareness Week (April 13-19th) Line One will explore colorectal cancer, also known as colon cancer. An estimated 148,800 people will be diagnosed with colorectal cancer in 2008 and nearly 50,000 will die from the preventable disease. Join Dr. Woodard and his guests, Dr. Paul Davis from the Alaska Family Practice Residency and gastroenterologist, Dr. Brian Sweeney to learn more about the fourth most common cancer in men and women.
- MedlinePlus: Colorectal Cancer
- Cancer Information Service
- AK Public Health: Alaska Comprehensive Cancer Control Program
- American Gastroenterological Association: AGA Supports New Guidelines Favoring Tests that Prevent Colorectal Cancer
MORE LINKS (PDF):
- Alaska Comprehensive Cancer Control Program (2005-2010)
- Cancer in Alaska Native (1969 – 2003) 35-Year Report
- Comprehensive Cancer Plan for the Alaska Tribal Health System (2005-2010)
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
- Dr. Paul Davis, Alaska Family Practice Residency
- Dr. Brian Sweeny, gastroenterologist, private practice
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, April 14, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, April 14, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE LINE ONE RELATED LINKS: