This week Dr. Woodard explores the rationale behind the regulations and recommendations on child passenger safety. What are Alaska’s laws on child safety seats? What are the “best practices” regarding child passenger safety? Two local experts, Gordon Glaser and Peggy Hayashi join Dr. Woodard in the studio to answer your questions.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety – Highway Loss Data Institute
- Alaska Injury Prevention Center
- Alaska’s Child Passenger Safety Program
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Car Safety Seats: A Guide for Families – 2008
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
- Gordon Glaser, Education Specialist/Safe Kids Liaison, State of Alaska, Division of Public Health
- Peggy Hayashi, statewide coordinator, Alaska Child Passenger Safety
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, April 28, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, April 28, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE LINE ONE RELATED LINKS: