Host Dr. Woodard interviews Dr. Norman Means, medical director at the Blood Bank of Alaska. Means discusses the mission of his organization throughout the state, describing blood as a “liquid organ.” Learn more about the requirements for giving blood and where to go in Alaska.
- MedlinePlus: Blood Transfusion and Donation
- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford: Overview of Blood and Blood Components
- AARP Magazine: Never Get Sick!
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
- Dr. Norman Means, medical director, Blood Bank of Alaska
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, June 2, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, June 2, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE LINE ONE RELATED LINKS: