On the last Community Forum you heard from operators of the Red Dog Mine, who strongly oppose the Clean Water Initiative. This week, host Nellie Moore continues the discussion on the Clean Water Initiative with her guests, Art Hackney and David Atkinson from the Renewable Resources Coalition (RRC). The RRC is the muscle that got the Clean Water Initiative on the August ballot. Members of the the RRC oppose the proposed Pebble Mine, arguing it will put the most spectacular and abundant ecosystem in North America at risk.
- Renewable Resources Coalition: Clean Water Initiative (PDF)
- APRN: Clean water initiative under scrutiny in the courts
- APRN: Sponsors ask for removal of clean-water initiative
- LA Times: Alaskan economy faces a fork in the river
HOST: Nellie Moore, independent journalist
- Art Hackey, spokesman, Renewable Resources Coalition
- David Atkinson, executive director, Renewable Resources Coalition
LIVE BROADCAST: Wed, June 4, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wed, June 4, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Community Forum updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast