Proposition 3, the Clean Elections initiative on the primary election ballot calls for public funding for political races. This week on Community Forum, host Nellie More speaks with Tim June, chair of Alaskans for Clean Elections and local attorney, Ken Jacobus who specializes in civil and constitutional law. While the initiative aims to limit the influence of corporations and individuals who are able to make large donations to candidates, Jacobus claims ballot measure 3 will not produce a single positive change in Alaskan politics or elections. What do you think? Call-in with comments and questions at 2:00 PM.
- Alaskans for Clean Elections
- Ken Jacobus: Alaskans should vote NO on measure 3 (PDF)
- Community Forum: Alaskans for Clean Elections (19 Dec 2007)
HOST: Nellie Moore, independent journalist
LIVE BROADCAST: Wed, August 13, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wed, August 13, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Community Forum updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast