Today Dr. Woodard discusses efforts to improve the safety of medical imaging with Anchorage radiologist, Dr. Brad Cruz. As the number of radiation intensive imaging procedures increases, Dr. Woodard examines the known risks of radiation, why kids may be more sensitive, and strategies for minimizing your dose.
- FDA: Radiology and Children
- The Society for Pediatric Radiation
- Image Gently: the Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
- Dr. Brad Cruz, Anchorage radiologist
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, August 25, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, August 25, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS: