Before you self diagnosis the pain in your back or the itch on your arm based on your online research, take a closer look at the website where you found the information. While many medical websites may be reliable, its easy to find information written by someone with no credentials or medical background whatsoever. Today on Line One, Dr. Woodard and his guest, Dr. Daniel Friedland take a close look at health information on the internet. A leader in the evidence-based medicine movement and author of Evidence-Based Medicine: A Framework for Clinical Practice, Dr. Friedland tells you the appropriate steps to take online, before you decide what steps to take regarding that itch.
- Super Smart Health
- MedlinePlus: Evaluating Health Information
- FDA: Buying Medicines and Medical Products Online
- FDA: Buying Prescription Medicine Online
- Federal Trade Commission: Operation Cure All
- National Institutes of Health
- Revolution Health
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCAM)
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, September 29, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, September 29, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS: