Anchorage Edition: October 10, 2008
Each week, host Michael Carey gathers journalists and commentators for a review of the week’s news, politics and public affairs in Anchorage and Alaska. Topics this week include:
- The results of the Troopergate “abuse of power” report on Sarah Palin’s termination of Paul Monegan are due today (but came out after this program was recorded)
- Todd Palin releases his statement on Troopergate
- The Alaska Legislature wins its battle to retain subpoena power, especially in matters of investigating other branches of government
- The Ted Stevens defense team is working the “good guy” angle, even bringing in high-ranking and celebrity character witnesses, like Colin Powell
- The Wall Street collapse — how does it impact Alaska, and specifically the Permanent Fund?
- Oil prices are dropping — how does this impact Alaska in the midst of everything else?
- Sarah Palin’s winning over the fervent Republican base in the election with her Obama attacks, but what about the rest of the voters? Or, alternately, where would McCain be without her?
Download Audio (MP3, 30 min)
HOST: Michael Carey, independent journalist
- Paul Jenkins, voiceofthetimes.net
- Mike Bradner, Alaska Legislative Digest
- Steve MacDonald, KTUU Channel 2 News
- Larry Persily, independent journalist
KSKA (FM) BROADCAST: Friday, October 10, 2008 at 7:30 p.m.
KAKM (TV) BROADCAST: Friday, October 10, 2008 at 9:00 p.m. / Repeats Saturday, October 11 at 5:00 p.m.
- Send e-mail to email@example.com
- Post your comment or question below
SUBSCRIBE: Get Anchorage Edition updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.