Line One: Health Care For All
NPR‘s Health care for All examines how Germany, Great Britain, France, the Netherlands and Switzerland provide universal coverage for their citizens. As a leader of NPR‘s award-winning health and science coverage, Joe Neel joins Dr. Woodard to discuss Health care for All, contrasting the U.S. and five Western European health care systems. Listen and learn about how your health care plan compares to those around the world.
- Joe Neel: Taking The Measure of Health Care in America
- California Newsreel documentary: Health care inequality in the U.S.
- American College of Physicians: “Achieving a High-Performance Health Care System with Universal Access: What the United States Can Learn from Other Countries”
- American College of Physicians: Proposal for Affordable Health Insurance for All
Health Expenditures per Capita (Panel A), Source: New England Journal of Medicine, Oct 23, 2008
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
- Joe Neel, deputy senior supervising editor and a correspondent on the Science Desk, National Public Radio
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, November 17, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, November 17, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS: