Care to join KSKA for a Tweetup?
What’s Twitter? Well, it’s one of the fastest-growing — and simplest — social media platforms out there today. KSKA currently pushes out web updates to its own Twitter account (@kska), but there are so many other people and groups out there — including NPR programs like Talk of the Nation. There are literally millions of users all posting short updates from their computers and phones worldwide.
- LEARN MORE: Twitter in Plain English (YouTube)
But Twitter is missing one thing: meeting people in person! And KSKA would like to help.
We’re planning a “Tweetup” (a “meetup” for Twitter users) and you’re invited! You don’t even have to be a Twitter user — learn more about Twitter and even sign up for a free account at the event.
But before we set a date and a time and make the invitation formal, we’d like to ask for your input: What would you like to see or do at a KSKA-hosted Tweetup?
To find out, we’ve put together a quick online survey. If you’re even just a little interested in attending, please take the survey [UPDATE 12/12: Survey now closed] and let us know your preferences. Here’s what we want to do…
- host the event at KSKA in Anchorage; provide the space and time for Alaska’s “Twitterati” to meet in a casual atmosphere
- offer facility tours to anyone interested (see KSKA-FM and KAKM-TV)
- provide refreshments
- provide free WiFi and access to laptops for live tweets and blogging
- encourage folks to take pictures, shoot video, etc.
Beyond that list, we’re looking for your input — what did we leave out? When should we meet? Please: take our survey. And we hope to see you here!