The No Child Left Behind Act has pulled schools away from environmental education at the very time when children need more contact with the natural world. The symptoms of something called “Nature Deficit Disorder” are showing up as increasing obesity and video game addiction. But that’s just the beginning. Can we get kids back outside?
Join the conversation on Talk of Alaska, statewide on the stations of the Alaska Public Radio Network.
Download Audio (MP3, 60 min)
HOST: Steve Heimel, APRN
- Richard Louv, author of The Last Child in the Woods: Saving our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder
- Beth Nordland, Deputy Director, Anchorage Parks & Recreation
- Live callers statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide