Food Bank scrambles to collect turkeys by Monday (Dec 22)
Since 1995, Anchorage groups have combined efforts in the holiday assistance program known as GIFT. GIFT takes place on Monday (December 22) and is a chance for individuals and families in need to receive holiday food and children’s gifts. But today, the Food Bank of Alaska announced it lacks enough food to match the expected requests.
GIFT distribution sites:
- Begich Middle School /7440 Creekside Center Dr
- Mountain View Community Center /315 Price St
- Fairview Community Center / 1121 E 10th Ave
- Faith Christian Community / 4240 Spenard Rd
- Anchorage City Church / 1301 W 100th Ave
GIFT distribution hours: Monday, Dec 22 from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Len Anderson, KSKA – Anchorage
Download Audio (MP3)