It is estimated that 60 Alaskan children will be diagnosed as falling somewhere on the autism spectrum disorder continuum this year. National statistics put it at about 1 in 175 children. As April is Autism Awareness Month, today on Line One host Dr. Woodard welcomes Dr. Charles Cowan, pediatrician and clinical professor, specializing in autism disorders at the Seattle Children’s Hospital.
- Alaska’s Response to Autism
- CDC: Autism Information Center
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke: Autism Fact Sheet
- Autism’s False Prophets: Bad Science, Risky Medicine, and the Search for a Cure
Download Audio (MP3)
- Dr. Charles Cowan, Medical Director, Autism Program; Pediatrician, Neurodevelopmental Program, Seattle Children’s Hospital
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, April 20, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, April 20, 2009 at 8:00 p.m
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS: