Alaska is marketed as a tourist destination to people in the Lower 48 and in foreign countries. But who can appreciate Alaska better than Alaskans? And the flight or the ferry ride is a lot cheaper when you’re already there.
Whether it’s fishing, camping, sightseeing or just getting away, the visitor industry has become much more interested in Alaskans – in some cases offering special deals and discounts.
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Steve Heimel, APRN
- Deb Hickock, Fairbanks Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Dave Berg, Viking Travel (Petersburg.)
- Live callers statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to talk [at] aprn [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, June 29, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide