More than three thousand people are homeless in Anchorage, according to the latest statistics, and many of them are part of a growing trend nationwide: that of homeless families. Find out what Anchorage social services agencies are doing to help people put a roof over their heads and how can you help. Join the conversation on the next Community Forum call-in this afternoon at 2:00 pm on KSKA.
- RuralCap and Homeward Bound
- Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission
- Line One: Health Care Needs of Alaska’s Growing Homeless Population
- Metro News: Determination and persistence key elements to solve chronic homelessness
- Metro News: First five autopsies show no suspicious circumstances
Download Audio (MP3)
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
HOST: Ellen Lockyer, independent journalist
LIVE: Wed, August 12, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT: Wed, August 12, 2009 at 10:00 p.m.
- Get Community Forum updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast