Soon after BP and ConocoPhillips announced plans to combine resources to start Denali – The Alaska Gas Pipeline in April 2008, Bud Fackrell was appointed president of the project, which would eventually ship 4 billion cubic feet of natural gas a day from the North Slope to the Lower 48, Alaska and Canada. His talk, “Denali – an update on the Alaska gas pipeline project: a world class effort with global implications” was recorded on Friday October 30th at the Alaska World Affairs Council.
- Google Earth Movie: Denali Virtual Tour
- Fackrell’s slide show presentation at AWAC: Denali Project Update (PDF)
- Community Forum: Denali Pipeline (19 Nov 2008)
Download Audio (MP3)
RECORDED: Monday October 30, 2009
AIRED ON KSKA: Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEATS: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 at 9:00 p.m.
SPEAKER: Bud Fackrell, President, Denali – The Alaska Gas Pipeline
Addressing Alaskans PARTNERS and PAST HOSTS:
- Alaska World Affairs Council
- Anchorage Chamber of Commerce
- World Trade Center of Alaska
- University of Alaska Anchorage – 49th State Fellows
- University of Alaska Anchorage – Alaska WWAMI
Addressing Alaskans features local talks and conversations recorded at public events taking place in Southcentral, Alaska. A variety of local organizations host speakers addressing topics that matter to Alaskans. To let us know about an upcoming community event that you would like to hear on Addressing Alaskans, please Contact Us with details.