Line One: Popular Health and Body Myths
Does sugar cause hyperactivity? Does airborne vitamin C, zinc or echinacea prevent “colds?” Do vaccines cause autism? Learn the answers to these questions and how we know when Dr. Woodard interviews Aaron E. Carroll, director of the Center for Health Policy and Professionalism Research at the Indiana University School of Medicine about his book, Don’t Swallow Your Gum this afternoon at 2:00 pm on Line One: Your Health Connection.
- Don’t Swallow Your Gum by Aaron E. Carroll
- IUSM: Center for Health Policy and Professionalism Research
- 50 Great Myths of Popular Psychology: Shattering Widespread Misconceptions about Human Behavior
- ScienceDirect: Therapeutic effects of magnetic and copper bracelets in osteoarthritis – A randomized placebo-controlled crossover trial
Download Audio (MP3)
- Aaron E. Carroll, associate professor of pediatrics in the Children’s Health Services Research Program at the Indiana University School of Medicine; pediatrician at Riley Hospital for Children; Director of the Center for Health Policy and Professionalism Research; author of Don’t Swallow Your Gum
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, November 9, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, November 9, 2009 at 8:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Science Based Medicine
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Super Smart Health
UPCOMING EVENT: Get Outdoors Anchorage