Founder and Director of the Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Center of Alaska, Dr. Jeff Demain considers Alaska’s temperatures which are rising four times the global average in his talk – “Climate Change and the Impact on Human Health – An Alaska Perspective.” Dr. Demain’s research on the health effects of climate change in Alaska will play a significant role in shaping climate change policy around the state and the country in the years ahead.
- DEC: Alaska Climate Change Strategy
- APRN: Alaska Businesses Call For Action on Climate Change (5 Nov 200)
- Talk of Alaska: Citizen Observation on Natural Phenomena (21 July 2009)
- APRN: Ocean Acidification Sets Off Alarm Bells ( 8 July 2008)
Download Audio (MP3)
RECORDED: Tuesday October 20 , 2009
AIRED ON KSKA: Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEATS: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 9:00 p.m.
SPEAKER: Dr. Jeffrey Demain, Founder and Director of the Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Center of Alaska; Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics for the University of Washington School of Medicine
Addressing Alaskans PARTNERS and PAST HOSTS:
- BIONEERS in Alaska
- Alaska World Affairs Council
- Anchorage Chamber of Commerce
- World Trade Center of Alaska
- University of Alaska Anchorage – 49th State Fellows
- University of Alaska Anchorage – Alaska WWAMI
Addressing Alaskans features local talks and conversations recorded at public events taking place in Southcentral, Alaska. A variety of local organizations host speakers addressing topics that matter to Alaskans. To let us know about an upcoming community event that you would like to hear on Addressing Alaskans, please Contact Us with details.