The resignation of Professor Rick Steiner from the University of Alaska raises questions about the priorities of the higher educational system in Alaska.
Chris Hedges of the Nation Institute has written a new book that points to a major change that has hit our universities over the past few years – federal funding is dwindling, and states are not making up the difference.
Universities have increasingly turned to corporate funding. The question is: What policies do our universities have in place to keep corporate funding from controlling their research?
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Steve Heimel, APRN
- Chris Hodges. Author. “Empire of Illusion.”
- Rick Steiner. Resigning professor, University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Live callers statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to talk [at] aprn [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide