This week on Addressing Alaskans a panel of Alaskan reporters and journalists gather to discuss the “Business of Media.” Hosted by the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce on October 5, Mike Ross from KTUU Channel 2, Pat Dougherty from the Anchorage Daily News, Lori Townsend of the Alaska Public Radio Network, Matthew Felling from KTVA Channel 11, Colleen Crinklaw of the Anchorage Press, and Tony Hopfinger from Alaska Dispatch discuss how they deliver the news in Alaska in a changing media environment.
Download Audio (MP3)
RECORDED: Tuesday October 5, 2009
AIRED ON KSKA: Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEATS: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 9:00 p.m.
- Mike Ross, anchorman – Late Edition, KTUU Channel 2
- Pat Dougherty, editor & vice president, Anchorage Daily News
- Lori Townsend, host of Alaska News Nightly & news director, Alaska Public Radio Network
- Matthew Felling, anchorman – 6:00 news, KTVA Channel 11
- Colleen Crinklaw, advertising representative, Anchorage Press
- Tony Hopfinger, co-founder & editor, Alaska Dispatch
Addressing Alaskans PARTNERS and PAST HOSTS:
- BIONEERS in Alaska
- Alaska World Affairs Council
- Anchorage Chamber of Commerce
- World Trade Center of Alaska
- University of Alaska Anchorage – 49th State Fellows
- University of Alaska Anchorage – Alaska WWAMI
Addressing Alaskans features local talks and conversations recorded at public events taking place in Southcentral, Alaska. A variety of local organizations host speakers addressing topics that matter to Alaskans. To let us know about an upcoming community event that you would like to hear on Addressing Alaskans, please Contact Us with details.