We’ve passed the winter solstice, and now days are getting longer. Alaskans of old whiled away the dark winter nights with home made music – picking guitars and singing folk songs . But a new generation of Alaskans are making music in a new way and some are making a name for themselves nationally by using home made recording technology and marketing themselves on the internet. Join host Ellen Lockyer and her guests John Gurley of Portugal. the Man, Ken Sease from Mirror Studios and Josh Fryfogle from Make A Scene in Wasilla for a lively conversation about how young Alaskans are rocking the music world on Hometown, Alaska this afternoon at 2:00 pm.
Download Audio (MP3)
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
HOST: Ellen Lockyer, APRN – Anchorage
- John Gurley, Vocals, Guitar, Organ, Machines, Portugal. the Man
- Ken Sease, Anchorage guitarist and producer, Mirror Studios
- Josh Fryfogle, songwriter, guitarist and entrepreneur, operates Make A Scene in Wasilla.
LIVE: Wed, December 30, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT: Wed, December 30, 2009 at 10:00 p.m.
- Get Hometown, Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast