The U.S. Cross Country Skiing Championships are happening in Anchorage, deciding the best skiers in America and helping set the U.S. team for the winter Olympics, set to begin next month in Vancouver. This week on Hometown, Alaska Charles Wohlforth hosts local skiing stars James Southam and Kikkan Randall, and Jeff Scott, President of the hosting Nordic Ski Association of Anchorage. We’ll be talking about the races and about cross-country skiing for the rest of us, including tips and advice for enjoying the sport and getting through the winter.
- MOA: Parks and Recreation – Skiing
- Mat-Su Ski Club
- Hatcher Pass to host Winter Trails Day on Jan. 9, 2010
- Nordic Ski Association of Anchorage
- Anchorage Junior Nordic League
- Faster Skier
- Alaska Ski Trail Reports
- 2010 U.S. Cross Country Ski Championships in Anchorage Alaska
- Matanuska-Susitna Borough: Nordic ski area comes into focus
Download Audio (MP3)
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
HOST: Charles Wohlforth, independent journalist and Alaskan author
- James Southam, 2006 Olympian and four-time national champion
- Kikkan Randall, Olympic silver medalist, two-time Olympian, first American to win a World Cup race
- Jeff Scott, President, Nordic Ski Association of Anchorage
LIVE: Wed, January 6, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT: Wed, January 6, 2010 at 10:00 p.m.
- Get Hometown, Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast