Following her recent trip to Afghanistan and Pakistan in January, Senator Lisa Murkowski returned home to Alaska sharing her “Global Insights” at a luncheon hosted by the Alaska World Affairs Council on Friday, February 19.
She discusses her meeting with Afghan President Hamid Karzai in Kabul, touring Islamabad, Pakistan and the importance of reforming the education system in the region.
Download Audio (MP3)
RECORDED: Friday February 19, 2010
AIRED ON KSKA: Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEATS: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 9:00 p.m.
- Senator Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska
Addressing Alaskans PARTNERS and PAST HOSTS:
- Alaska World Affairs Council
- Anchorage Chamber of Commerce
- Anchorage Economic Development Corporation
- BIONEERS in Alaska
- Renewable Energy Alaska Project
- University of Alaska Anchorage – 49th State Fellows
- University of Alaska Anchorage – Alaska WWAMI
- World Trade Center of Alaska
Addressing Alaskans features local talks and conversations recorded at public events taking place in Southcentral, Alaska. A variety of local organizations host speakers addressing topics that matter to Alaskans. To let us know about an upcoming community event that you would like to hear on Addressing Alaskans, please Contact Us with details.