You might have heard him huffing and puffing and wandering around the studio during today’s program. In addition to Corey Aist of Alaska Search and Rescue Dogs and Renee Leyland from Stone Soap Group Pet Therapy, Snap was a guest on this week’s Hometown, Alaska. Photo by Kristin Spack
The thunder of doggy paws can be heard all over Alaska during the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race. But man’s best friend has many other talents, too. Some dogs guide the blind. Some dig avalanche victims out of the snow. Some are getting through to autistic youngsters. This week on Hometown, Alaska host Ellen Lockyer explores how dogs help humans.
- Alaska Search and Rescue Dogs
- Stone Soap Group Pet Therapy
- Talk of Alaska: Dogs, Dogs, and More Dogs (2 March 2010)
Download Audio (MP3)
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00 pm)
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
HOST: Ellen Lockyer, APRN – Anchorage
LIVE: Wed, March 10, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT: Wed, March 10, 2009 at 10:00 p.m.
- Get Hometown, Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast