The striking imagery of World War Two’s Alaskan remains are now the subject of a museum exhibition.
Hear Alaskans talk about the time when U.S. soil was occupied by Japanese troops, on the next “Talk of Alaska.’’
Aircraft guns such as this one (right) on Kiska were placed to provide protection of Japanese installations. Photo by Dirk H.R. Spennemann and courtesy of the Anchorage Museum.
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Steve Heimel, APRN
- Dirk H.R. Spennemann. Professor. Photographer. Consultant.
- Peter Porco. Anchorage Playwright.
- Live callers statewide.
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to talk [at] aprn [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: April 27, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide