After a 26 year career in the federal government intelligence and law enforcement communities, John Cassara is considered an expert in anti-money laundering and terrorist financing. In his talk,” Terrorist Financing: The War Behind the War on Terror” recorded at the Alaska World Affairs Council on April 23rd, Cassara focuses on areas of money laundering in the Middle East, the growing threat of alternative remittance systems and forms of trade-based money laundering.
Download Audio (MP3)
RECORDED: Wednesday April 23, 2010
AIRED ON KSKA: Thursday May 6, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEATS: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Cassara, former federal intelligence officer
Addressing Alaskans PARTNERS and PAST HOSTS:
- Anchorage Chamber of Commerce
- Alaska Design Forum
- Alaska World Affairs Council
- Alaska Zoo
- Anchorage Economic Development Corporation
- Anchorage Museum
- BIONEERS in Alaska
- Commonwealth North
- Cook Inlet Historical Society
- National Wildlife Federation, Alaska
- Renewable Energy Alaska Project
- University of Alaska Anchorage – 49th State Fellows
- University of Alaska Anchorage – Alaska WWAMI
- World Trade Center of Alaska
Addressing Alaskans features local talks and conversations recorded at public events taking place in Southcentral, Alaska. A variety of local organizations host speakers addressing topics that matter to Alaskans. To let us know about an upcoming community event that you would like to hear on Addressing Alaskans, please Contact Us with details.