The national campaign to eliminate juvenile obesity in one generation might be a tough sell in Alaska, where choices and options for both food and exercise can be limited. On the next Talk of Alaska, we’ll take a look at some strategies that are working.
The Alaska perspective on juvenile obesity is the subject on the next Talk of Alaska.
- Line One: Childhood Obesity (17 May 2010)
- Obesity Prevention and Control. State of Alaska
- Obesity in Alaska (PDF)
- Obesity Among American Indians and Alaska Natives (Dept of HSS) (PDF)
- APRN Listener Survey: Alaska’s Children and Obesity
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Steve Heimel, APRN
- Dr. Thad Woodard, Anchorage pediatrician, host of KSKA’s Line One: Your Health Connection
- Jason Moen, Team Leader, Russian Mission School
- Live callers statewide.
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to talk [at] aprn [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide