Terry Johnson, a professor with the University of Alaska Seagrant Marine Advisory Program has been taking ecotour groups to the to view walrus populations in Bristol Bay for over decade. Based on his first-hand observations, Johnson shared his “Notes and Observations from the Walrus Island of Bristol Bay” at a Wildlife Wednesday lecture hosted by Alaska Zoo.
Download Audio (MP3)
RECORDED: Friday April 14, 2010
AIRED ON KSKA: Thursday May 27, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEATS: Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 9:00 p.m.
SPEAKER: Terry Johnson, professor, University of Alaska Seagrant Marine Advisory Program, ecotour guide
HOST: Alaska Zoo
Addressing Alaskans PARTNERS and PAST HOSTS:
- Anchorage Chamber of Commerce
- Alaska Design Forum
- Alaska World Affairs Council
- Alaska Zoo
- Anchorage Economic Development Corporation
- Anchorage Museum
- BIONEERS in Alaska
- BLM Alaska: Campbell Creek Science Center
- Commonwealth North
- Cook Inlet Historical Society
- National Wildlife Federation, Alaska
- Renewable Energy Alaska Project
- Resource Development Council for Alaska
- University of Alaska Anchorage – 49th State Fellows
- University of Alaska Anchorage – Alaska WWAMI
- World Trade Center of Alaska
Addressing Alaskans features local talks and conversations recorded at public events taking place in Southcentral, Alaska. A variety of local organizations host speakers addressing topics that matter to Alaskans. To let us know about an upcoming community event that you would like to hear on Addressing Alaskans, please Contact Us with details.