More than 200,000 men die from prostate cancer each year. If you’re man, you face a high risk of ultimately getting prostate cancer. But it is not only the man who is affected by the disease. Prostate cancer is a family disease, and the spouse is usually heavily involved in his care and has to cope with the physical and emotional changes of their partner. This week on Line One, Dr. Michael Diefenbach (pictured right) from Healing Choices for Men with Prostate Cancer joins host Dr. Thad Woodard to discuss the three most important questions every man should ask about prostate cancer.
- Prostate Interactive Education System (PIES)
- CDC: Prostate Cancer
- National Cancer Institute: Prostate Cancer
- CISRC: Healing Choices for Men with Prostate Cancer
Past Line One Programs on Prostate Cancer:
- Line One: Prostate Cancer with Dr. Robert Allen (19 Aug 2009)
- Line One: Prostate cancer and robotic surgery (24 Nov 2008)
Download Audio (MP3)
- Dr. Thad Woodard, Anchorage pediatrician
- Dr. Michael Diefenbach, associate professor of Urology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine; and chief investigator, Healing Choices, The Cancer Information Service Research Consortium on prostate cancer
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, June 28, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, June 28, 2010 at 8:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.