We hear plenty about the winners and the front-runners in the Iditarod, but not much about those in the back of the pack, and even less about those who scratch from the race. On the next “Talk of Alaska,” the subject is the “Graveyard of Dreams,” outdoor writer Craig Medred’s autopsy of the many ways to lose a sled dog race.
People save and train for years to compete in the Iditarod, and we’ll hear their stories on the next Talk of Alaska.
- Order “Graveyard of Dreams”
- Book Review by the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner
- Book Review by Northern Light Media
- Craig Medred talks about his book on APRN
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Steve Heimel, APRN
- Craig Medred, author, “Graveyard of Dreams”
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to talk [at] aprn [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, June 29. 2010 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide