For years, Alaskans have battled alarming rates of reported rapes and sexual assaults. Task forces have been formed, reports have been filed and still, the numbers continue to rise. On the next Hometown, Alaska join host Teeka Ballas and her guests as they examine why Alaska is plagued with sexual assaults and, what we are doing to make life safer in our state.
- Abused Women’s Aid in Crisis (AWAIC) Phone: 279-9581
- Standing Together Against Rape (STAR ) Crisis Line: 1-800-478-8999
- Alaska Women’s Network: Domestic Violence
- Alaska Network on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (ANDVSA)
- Alaska CARES of Providence Hospital Phone 907-561-8301 or 1-877-561-8301
- Men Against Rape
- International Association of Forensic Nurses
- 1 in 6: Male sexual abuse
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Teeka Ballas, independent journalist
- Nancy Haag, Director STAR
- Cory Bryant, manager, Alaska CARES and Forensic Nursing Services, Providence Hospital
- Jennifer Meyer, clinical supervisor, Forensic Nursing SART
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE: Wed, July 7, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT: Wed, July 7, 2010 at 10:00 p.m.
- Get Hometown, Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast