This week on Line One, host Dr. Woodard and his guest Dr. Alan Failor from the University of Washington, Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Nutrition discuss the butterfly-shaped gland in your neck, just above your collarbone – your thyroid. Millions of people in the U.S. have thyroid diseases. Learn more about hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism and the overall function and purpose of the thyroid on Line One: Your Health Connection Monday afternoon at 2:00 pm.
- MedlinePlus: Thyroid diseases
- Mayo Clinic: Thyroid
- Cleveland Clinic: Thyroid disease
- The Hormone Foundation: Thyroid conditions and symptoms of thyroid disease
Download Audio (MP3)
- Dr. Thad Woodard, Anchorage pediatrician
- Dr. Alan Failor, Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Washington, Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Nutrition
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, July 19, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, July 19, 2010 at 8:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.