Consumer advocate and expert on medical fraud and quackery, Dr. Steven Barrett (pictured right) joins host Dr. Thad Woodard for the third time on Line One today. In addition to heading Quackwatch, he operates 24 Web sites and edits Consumer Health Digest. Unproven health care and your questions will be the topic of discussion on Line One: Your Health Connection with Dr. Steven Barrett this afternoon at 2:00 pm.
- Internet Health Pilot
- Free Newsletter: Consumer Health Digest
- Quackwatch: How the “Urine Toxic Metals” Test Is Used to Defraud Patients
- Facebook: Alaskans for the Advancement of Critical Thinking (AFACT)
- Quackwatch: Why Chelation Therapy Should Be Avoided
- Quackwatch: “Dietary Supplements,” Herbs, and Hormones
Download Audio (MP3)
- Dr. Thad Woodard, Anchorage pediatrician
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, August 2, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, August 2, 2010 at 8:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.