Media is everywhere. TV, Internet, computer and video games all vie for childrens’ attention. This week on Line One: Your Health Connection, author of Children, Adolescents, and the Media, Dr. Vic Strasburger joins host Dr. Woodard to help parents understand the impact media has in the lives of infants, children and adolescents, while offering tips on managing time spent with various media.
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Media Education – What Parents Can Do
- American Academy of Pediatrics : Children’s Health Topics – Media/Internet Use
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Set the Rules for Internet Use
Download Audio (MP3)
- Dr. Thad Woodard, Anchorage pediatrician
- Dr. Vic Strasburger, Chief of the Division of Adolescent Medicine, Professor of Pediatrics, and Professor of Family & Community Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine; c0- author, Children, Adolescents, and the Media
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, August 16, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, August 16, 2010 at 8:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.