It’s harvest time, and a surge of interest in local foods has led some producers to step up processing and storage. Root cellars and caches were once common in the state, but fell out of favor for a while. But they still give out prizes for preserves at the State Fair.
“Putting Food By” will be the subject of the next Tuesday edition of Talk of Alaska.
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Steve Heimel, APRN
- Susan Willsrud, Farm Director, Calypso Farm and Ecology Center
- Patrick Woodall, Director of Research, Food and Water Watch
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to talk [at] aprn [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, August 24. 2010 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide