Line One: Health Care Reform Update
Today, being employed is not a guarantee of health insurance coverage. Nearly 46 million Americans under age 65 do not have health insurance while many are under insured (National Coalition on Health Care, 2010). Dr. Uwe Reinhardt contends the number of uninsured is one of the three main problems with the health care in the United States. One of today’s most sought after speakers on health care systems and health reform, Dr.Reinhardt is back on Line One this week to discuss health care reform in the United States and where it stands today.
- Line One: Dr. Uwe Reinhardt (3 Dec 2007)
- Fresh Air: Uwe Reinhardt: Hidden Costs Of Health Care (11 March 2009)
- The New England Journal of Medicine: “Health Care Reform and Cost Control” by Peter Orszag, PhD and Ezekiel Emanuel, MD, PhD (August 12, 2010)
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Kaiser Family Foundation
- National Coalition on Health Care
PAST PROGRAMS ON HEALTH CARE:
- Line One: Health Care Reform with Dr. Gail Wilensky (10 Jan 2010)
- Line One: Comparing U.S. Health Care With Other Countries (28 Dec 2009)
- Line One: Health Care Reform with Dr. Dick Mandsager, Providence Hospital and Dr. Rich Neubauer, ANMC(22 Nov 2009)
- Line One: Health Care Reform with Dr. John Oberlander (29 June 2009)
- Line One: Our Ailing Health Care (8 Dec 200)
- Line One: Health Care For All (17 Nov 2008)
- Line One: Canadian and American Health Care Systems Compared (12 May 2008)
Download Audio (MP3)
- Dr. Thad Woodard, Anchorage pediatrician
- Dr. Uwe Reinhardt, James Madison Professor of Political Economy and Professor of Economics and Public Affairs at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, September 13, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, September 13, 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.