More than half of Alaska’s residents receive health care benefits paid primarily by the federal government. Yet a growing number of doctors here refuse to see patients in federal programs.
Recommendations for improvements are out in a new report from the Alaska Health Care Task Force and well be talking about it on the next Talk of Alaska.
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Lori Townsend, APRN
- Colonel Paul Friedrichs, USAF, MC, FS Commander, Air Force/Veteran’s Administration Joint Venture Hospital, Elmendorf-Richardson
- Christopher Mandregan, Jr., MPH, Director of the IHS’s Alaska Native Health Service
- John T. Hammarlund, Regional Administrator, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to talk [at] aprn [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, September 28. 2010 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide