According to a University of Alaska study, 40% of Alaskan’s personal income comes directly or indirectly from federal spending, and more than a third of our jobs. But the federal budget is posting record deficits and some say we can’t go on spending this way. This week on Hometown, Alaska host Charles Wohlforth will talk with economic professor, Scott Goldsmith and investment manager Jeff Pantages to get the Alaska and national perspectives.
- APCM: Sustainable Investment Thinking
- UAA: How Vulnerable Is Alaska’s Economy to Reduced Federal Spending? July 2008 (PDF)
- Understanding Alaska: What Does $7.6 Billion in Federal Money Mean to Alaska? Nov. 2003 (PDF)
Download Audio (MP3)
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
HOST: Charles Wohlforth, independent journalist and Alaskan author
- Scott Goldsmith, professor, UAA Institute for Social and Economic Research
- Jeff Pantages, chief investment officer, Alaska Permanent Capital Management
LIVE: Wed, September 29, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT: Wed, September 29, 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
- Get Hometown, Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast