Incorporating culture, health, fuel efficiency and affordability is a tall order for new housing in Alaska villages. The Cold Climate Housing Research Center at UAF is working on this very combination for the Sustainable Northern Shelter Project.
We’ll talk with the designers and residents of project communities on the next Talk of Alaska.
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Lori Townsend, APRN
- Jack He’bert, President and CEO-Cold Climate Research Center-UAF
- Meera Kohler, President and CEO Alaska Village Electric Coop
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to talk [at] aprn [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, October 5. 2010 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide