This week on Addressing Alaskans, utility and natural gas producers provide an update on what’s being done to prepare for winter 2011 in Southcentral Alaska. Phil Steyer of Chugach Electric, Joe Griffith of Matanuska Electric Association, and Jim Posey of Municipal Light and Power discuss system improvements to compensate for declining gas production, gas contingency planning efforts, renewable energy projects, natural gas and your monthly bill.
Anchorage Mayor Dan Sullivan also shares the results of Anchorage’s Energy Watch Part Two.
- “Powering Southcentral Alaska in 2011” Anchorage Chamber of Commerce Oct. 25, 2010 (PDF)
- Chugach Electric: Utilities Emergency Response Overview (PDF)
- Metro News: Consumer Energy Test Results Appear Similar To Last Year’s (25 Oct 2010)
- Metro News: Municipality wants to test lower energy use…and consumer participation (16 Oct 2009)
Download Audio (MP3)
RECORDED: Monday October 25, 2010
BROADCAST ON KSKA: Thursday November 4, 2010 at 2:00 p.m., repeats Thursday at 7:00 p.m.
- Phil Steyer, director of government relations and corporate communications, Chugach Electric
- Joe Griffith, general manager, Matanuska Electric Association Association
- Jim Posey, general manager, Municipal Light and Power
Addressing Alaskans features local talks and conversations recorded at public events taking place in Southcentral, Alaska. A variety of local organizations host speakers addressing topics that matter to Alaskans. To let us know about an upcoming community event that you would like to hear on Addressing Alaskans, please Contact Us with details.