Line One: Hip Replacement Surgery
As baby boomers age, the number of hip replacement operations performed in the U.S are expected to rise. Dr. Steve Tower, a physician at the Anchorage Fracture and Orthopedic Clinic, joins Dr. Thad Woodward this week on Line One to discuss hip replacement surgery. Dr. Tower has been in private surgical practice in Anchorage since 1992 and serves as president of the Anchorage Orthopedic Society.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery Q&A on hip implants
- Dr. Tower’s commentary in the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
- Link to a video of a hip replacement video
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard, Anchorage pediatrician
GUEST: Steve Tower, M.D, physician at Anchorage Orthopedic and Fracture Clinic, clinical faculty member at the University of Washington.
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, January 31, 2011 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, January 31, 2011 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
Audio will be posted after the broadcast.