There will be a total of eleven bond propositions facing voters in the Municipal election in Anchorage on Tuesday, April 5th. At the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce on Monday, Superintendent of Schools, Carol Comeau reviewed the school district bonds 1, 2 and 3. Mayor Dan Sullivan detailed propositions 4 – 11, which would fund Anchorage roads, parks, public safety and transportation, fire and police. The Anchorage Assembly is seeking voter opinion on tax exemption for veterans, downtown parking and I.D. for alcohol purchases in propositions 9, 10, and 11.
Before you vote on April 5th, learn more about the bond propositions on the ballot this week on KSKA’s Addressing Alaskans.
- Anchorage School District: Bonds 1, 2, 3
- Carol Comeau powerpoint presentation (PDF)
- MOA: Bonds 2011 Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Mayor Dan Sullivan powerpoint presentation (PDF)
- Municipality of Anchorage: Elections
- Anchorage First
Download Audio (MP3)
BROADCAST ON KSKA: Thursday March 3, 2011 at 2:00 p.m., repeats Thursday at 7:00 p.m.
RECORDED: Monday, February 28, 2011
- Dan Sullivan, Mayor, Municipality of Anchorage
- Carol Comeau, Superintendent of School, Anchorage School District
EVENT: Anchorage Chamber of Commerce, Make-it-Monday forum
Addressing Alaskans features local lectures and forums recorded at public events taking place in Southcentral, Alaska. A variety of local organizations host speakers addressing topics that matter to Alaskans. To let us know about an upcoming community event that you would like to hear on Addressing Alaskans, please Contact Us with details.