More rookies in the 2011 Iditarod have reached Nome including:
* Kelly Maixner with 11 dogs.
* Jodie Bailey with 13 dogs.
* Magnus Kaltenborn with 9 dogs.
Also reaching Nome by early Friday morning were:
* Kristy Berington with 11 dogs.
* Lachlan Clarke with 7 dogs.
The 2011 Iditarod was won by Kotzebue’s John Baker in record time. Baker reached Nome Tuesday morning, completing the grueling race across across Alaska in 8 days, 18 hours, 46 minutes and 39 seconds.
Photo By Diana Haecker, KTNA – Talkeetna. John Baker celebrates his 2011 Iditarod victory, with lead dog Velvet in Nome.