April Schedule Highlights
Games of the North: Follow the lives of four Alaska Native athletes as they compete in the traditional sports of their ancestors. Awesome mental and physical strength are required as the athletes are tested with contests from high kicking to seal hopping. But such games are more than sport, they instill a survival instinct for living in the Arctic, building perseverance, strength and Alaska Native values.
Best of the Fest: Spotlights the best undistributed international and domestic short films gathered from the world’s top film festivals. The program relies on the wisdom of film festival audiences, juries and programmers, award-winning filmmakers and industry experts to identify the highest quality films from Sundance, Cannes, Toronto and others. Each episode features several shorts – ranging in length from two to 15 minutes – grouped by common themes, including “Friendship,” “Love,” “Inspiration” and “Comedy.”
Other April Highlights Include:
- Ebert Presents at the Movies. Fridays starting at 9:00 p.m.
- Fort Niagra. Monday, April 4. Starting at 9:30 p.m.
- Masterpiece Classic: Upstairs Downstairs. Friday, April 10, 17 and 24. Starting at 8:00 p.m.
- Odyssey of Captain Healy. Thursday, April 14. Starting at 8:00 p.m.
- Yellowstone: Land to Life. Monday, April 25. Starting at 9:30 p.m.
Our Complete April Schedules:
Click here to see our March Primetime Guide.